EDS and Chronic Pain News & Info
It is becoming more and more obvious and even studies and publicly recognized that the forced reduction of opioid doses for pain patients are causing suicides.
Here are several recent posts on this topic:
- Suicide Notes Suggest Role of Chronic Pain
- Many Opioid Deaths are Suicides
- Chronic Pain Among Suicide Decedents
- Suicide By Opioid: an Uncounted Tragedy
- Pain Contributes to Suicide
- Emotional toll of Chronic Pain can lead to suicide
- CDC Obscuring Rate Of Suicide Among Opioid Overdoses
PubMed studies from the NIH
- Suicidality in chronic pain
- Chronic pain and suicide risk: A comprehensive review
- Chronic Pain and the Interpersonal Theory of Suicide
Treat pain to prevent suicides
C’mon you guys, the suicides are a fact. I don’t see any of these groups focusing on the proliferation of subtle lies and propaganda promoted by various industries that are profiting here. Nearly every day in newspapers, TV, and Internet the lies, misinformation and industry benefiting propaganda is leading to more deaths.
STAT a leading healthcare site, closed the comments on an article about the approval of a new opiate, meant for injured soldiers. The FDA has been lying about the entire opioid debate, while people died. The US is full of Alternate Facts, and pain patients, and sick people, have been demonized by the various commercial interests who have been profiting.
LikeLiked by 1 person